- Are a tiny business (I define that as a business that’s making less than 300K, have less than 3 people in the team or has been in existence for less than 3 years)
- Have a solid business idea but it's just not gaining traction (people come, show interest and leave without buying anything)
- Have a decent amount of interest from your target market but it doesn't actually translate into sales!
You Need a Persuasion Revolution
- It’s not (just) about saying the right things and having a strong argument
- It’s not (just) about a great idea, a stunning website and spiffy logo
- It’s not (just) about building rapport or being nice or sweet or authentic
It's About Psychology of Persuasion and I Will Help You Become a Revolutionary
But Who the Hell Are YOU?
I am the chic behind this shtick (it sounded a lot cooler in my head) and I work with people who are gung-ho enough to take the unconventional route to being persuasive. People who know that the only way to get others to do your bidding is to get inside their heads (in a non-douchy way).
I teach persuasion skills to people who don’t want to go through all the technical details of social psychology research but still want to reap the benefits of using psychological hooks to persuade, influence and negotiate.
Born in 1978 to unsuspecting parents, It was quickly noted by the nurses that I was a little unconventional, leading one of them to remark that I looked like I came out of the womb with a plan. I am still trying to figure out what that means.
Featured in Forbes, Fast company and 50 other super places on the internets, to working with big-ass companies like Pepsi, Unilever and E&Y, to being a well-paid (way too much if you ask me but shhhh…) consultant, I have my hands quite nicely full.
I am a tolerable wife, an eccentric mom, a spicy food connoisseur, a dreadful tennis player and a social psychology aficionado.
I have used the science of persuasion (Yes, It’s science not ART) to …..
- Get ludicrous discounts from suppliers over and over and over again. And I didn’t even have to take my clothes off 😉
- Bag giant-ass contracts that everyone in the company had given up on, because I knew exactly which buttons to press.
- Influence people through written word…emails, blog posts, pitches or break-up letters…I did all and won most (my track record with the break-up letters isn’t really stellar miserable). I am also the office go-to person for softening down or toughening up the tone of critical emails.
- negotiate better timings, better rates and better treatment… often without a precedent.
- I am a Persuasion Strategist. I help people persuade people….executives persuading their bosses to be less shitty, Companies persuading their customers to buy more, CEOs persuading the boards to be less stingy and entrepreneurs persuading investors to shell out some (or lots of) money.
- I look for persuasion lessons in every book, movie, conference or meeting. I have practiced some outlandish tactics in the name of experimentation (mirroring does not always work folks..I once tried to mirror a man who was in the habit of touching his crotch every 3 seconds. Needless to say that didn’t go too well)
- In the power of intention.
- That human beings are irrational and trying to persuade someone through a rational argument is like trying to stop a 5 year old from ODing on M&Ms by explaining the evils of high fructose corn syrup.
- That when a person takes the road less travelled, they challenge the universe and that the universe loves challenges.
- That what parents love most in life are their children and what children love most in THEIR life are their own children.
I want to live in a world where….
- Meetings are short and lunch dates are long
- Cake has zero calories
- People only go to jobs they love and come back to families that love them
- Where children….all children, are loved, cherished and revered — for the miracles that they are.
My Super Power is
to be able to make critical phone calls while changing diapers, cooking or washing dishes. Except for that one time when I dropped by brand spanking new iPhone in a boiling pot of soup…in the middle of a client call.
Come Hang out!
[contact_bank form_id=1 show_title=true ]